Headley Court Mansion Site (edged red)
In response to feedback, proposals for the Mansion Site have been updated.
In November 2019, Angle proposed creating 128 retirement living apartments. Angle listened to feedback and units have been reduced to comprise the development of 93 new-build retirement living apartments and the retention and conversion of the Grade 2 listed mansion into 18 retirement apartments.
In addition, there will be a range of communal facilities for both on/off-site residents and the refurbishment of the grounds and gardens.
Outline consent, seeking approval for the use, access, location and massing of the new buildings has been submitted in December 2020. The information on this web page provides the key information from this planning application. The full planning application package is available on the MVDC Planning Website.
In summary the redevelopment is centred on the previously developed part of the site where the existing permanent buildings, which will be demolished, are currently located. The proposals also include the Change of Use of the Mansion Building to 18 Retirement Living Apartments and ancillary facilities. The detailed Listed Building Consent Application will come forward in due course.
The proposals provide a range of benefits and improvements as detailed below:
1) The proposals reuses Previously Developed Land in the Green Belt in a sustainable way as well as bringing back into use and regenerating a heritage asset and it’s setting.
2) The retirement community will provide a long term viable use for the Site incorporating the heritage assets and extensive grounds and gardens.
3) The new buildings are sensitively designed to respect and improve the setting of the heritage assets and openness of the Green Belt by incorporating high quality design and landscaping principles.
4) The proposals will improve public access to the heritage assets and the Green Belt through provision of access to the gardens and communal facilities within the retirement community.
5) The site will support a range of jobs at both the construction and operational stages and thereby make a substantial economic contribution.
6) The development will include high quality retirement accommodation with care provision for which there is a need.
7) The proposals will contribute towards meeting the acute housing need within Mole Valley within the short term.
8) There will be a number of improvements to the local highway as a result of the proposed development which will improve access and safety conditions.
The following latest plans and information relating to the proposed planning application can be down loaded by selecting the links below: